The so-unhealthy Food Stashes

3:11 PM Damnorange 2 Comments



So me and room mate decided to go to one of the biggest Asian supermarket, Go Asia in Berlin few days ago to cure our home sickness of Asian food. Well, of Ramen for me actually, cause as you can see most of it consist of type of instant noodles. I love instant noodles, Indonesian's one especially. However i found that the taste of Indonesian's instant noodle in Germany not to my liking (to bland, plain and the noodle's texture a bit weird) so I prefer the Japan's noodles. I usually buy Nissin, the one that i really like especially the spicy one. But looking at tons option of instant noodle in there, i can't resist to not try some.

I have tried both the Korean's instant noodle (Chapagetti and Neoguri), both are from Nong-Shim (if i'm not wrong). It was actually my first time trying instant noodle from another country outside Japan and Indonesian, of course. Both have a quite thick noodle and a large portion too and a bit different technique of cooking (a little thing simpe but still surprise me). Usually you put the seasoning powder and oil before serving, however with Korean's instant noodles you put the seasoning powder along the noodles into the water. There's also no oil stuff that usually come with instant noodle.

However the Chapagatti one do has seasoning oil and mixed to the noodle before serving, but I think it's more because it's a dry type instant noodle (not the one you serve with the broth).

I haven't try the Nissin one that I buy, i never try this flavour but I bet it tastes also delightful.

Alongside instant noodles I also bought mini sausage from our favourite Turkish's market in Neuköln, Eurogida. Everything just so god damn cheap and we just love shopping there. I rarely eat meat actually, however i have a big sausage craving and decided that i will buy that mini sausage. It is made from turkey.

I bought tempeh, food that i believe from Indonesia (or south east asia). I also have big craving of tempeh. Sadly it was so expensive here, when back home i can get that much of tempeh for less than 0.50 euro. 

The last one is Sanca or Haw flakes. I really excited when i see it at the store because that sweets it's my childhood. It has been a long time since i eat that and to find it again here was really made my day. It's only 0.99 euro and contains 10 tiny packages. It's all gone in just two days.

Well, I also bought banana but being a banana already a good enough reason to buy it as I really love the food.

So that's a small a kinda unhealthy food that I buy at Asian's market. See you next time!

2 comments: